Tuesday 10 August 2010

Shakespeare and Education

Shakespeare and education really intrigues me. I know it was beneficial to me when i learnt about him and his works from a young age, but i was brought up with it. I am curious to see the benefits of teaching kids to act out his plays and better their understanding of him from a young age. The basic benefits of learning about him from a young age are improved vocabulary, better grasp of language and context and the fundamental joys of performing. If you can conquer a Shakespeare play you can do anything!
In order for me to see a group of 7- 11 year olds at a local school near me put on a play of MacBeth. Everyone knows the basics of this story but what was it like for them to perform it? In order to find out i have arranged for me to go and speak to the kids when they start back at school which is the 9th/10th of September. I am looking forward to doing this as it'll be interesting to get a child's perspective opposed to a teenagers/ adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment